Sunday, July 19, 2015

Could I Be Allergic to Soy Lecithin and Not Soy Oil?

So, here I am trying to make sense of this new soy allergy...or is it a sensitivity? 

Here is what I know:

  • Every time I react, soy is found in the ingredients of whatever I am eating.
  • My reactions vary.  A few times now, I've felt my the inside of my nose and mouth swelling and quickly popped some Benadryl.  Other times, I can tell I've had soy but it isn't too bothersome.
  • My last major reaction was to a new granola cereal and soy lecithin was in the top few ingredients.
  • Yesterday I had coffee creamer with 'soy oil' (unintentionally) and had no reaction and this isn't the first time this has happened with soy oil.
In fact, I notice, after the fact, that I've had some foods with soy oil and have been find while I am noticing that soy lecithin seems to be in the things to which I react.  And, the higher up on the ingredients list soy lecithin can be found, the more serious my reaction.

Could I have a soy lecithin allergy?  I looked it up and seems really rare.  

I am going to start logging foods and testing out a few more soy oil products.  Not really wanting to test anything with soy lecithin because I always seem to react to it.

I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment